Funk the Family is back! And this is your chance to win four tickets to be part of this lovely festival in the very conveniently located Hove park.
Sunday, 18th June (yes, Father’s Day!) Times: 11 am to 7 pm.
Spend the whole day to a huge line-up of fantastic music, loads of FREE family activities and workshops and of course some yummy local food, including vegan, organic and gluten-free options. There is also a bar of course, serving local craft beers and even cocktails!
Funk the Family festival started three years ago at Hove Lagoon with around 1,000 attendees and propelled to 5,000 attendees and moved to the stunning Hove Park in 2016. This year will be their 4th event and the line-up is epic.
Lucy ‘Elle J’ Small, FTF founder and director: “Funk The Family Festival has succeeded by giving families a gorgeous, easily accessible day-time festival with exceptional music, food and activities, all without the hassle of camping.”
This is what you can expect with new acts, shows and activities still being added all the time:
Music carefully selected by FTF founder, ex music journalist and mother, Lucy ‘Elle J’ Small
- A Special two-hour DJ set by Jazzie B of Soul II Soul
- A spectacular performance from London’s 34-piece House Gospel Choir, singing much-loved house and electronic tracks- from classic Frankie Knuckles to upfront Disclosure
- The brilliant jump-up jungle-meets-jazz Queen Jenna & The G’s,
- Self-styled “chap hop” lyricist Professor Elemental
- Rowlf The Dog on jazz piano
- Brighton School of Samba,
- Soul Casserole DJs
- the Baby Loves Disco crew and many, many more.
Activities – All FREE and included in the ticket price!
- Fencing (yes with real swords!) from the Golden Lotus crew
- Family trapeze workshops on The Circus Project’s giant outdoors rig
- Yoga with Tree of Life
- Non-stop circus shows inside the Cirque Du Funk big top
- Axe & Paddle’s bush craft workshops
- A brand new story tent with authors carefully selected by The Book Nook
- Rap workshops
- Micro Scooter Wacky Races
- Heartbeeps and much more
Plus kids get to DJ with the Stick It On crew, there’s slackline and diablo workshops from Mad-0-Zak – a brilliant character of Brighton Laines’, the brand new Reptylers’ ‘exotic creatures’ animal handling, Pro Direct Soccer Academy and Corin The Music Man’s shows and recycled instrument making. Meanwhile the Amazing Art Cart are embracing the festival’s theme for 2017 – “Mythical Creatures”– by helping kids create bespoke masks.
Find out more info about the event on the event website or on the Facebook event.
Tier 1 Adults: £16 SOLD OUT
Tier 2 Adults: £18 SOLD OUT
Tier 3 Adults: £20 (Nearly sold out)
Tier 4 Adults: £25
Tier 5 Adults: £30
Teenager (13-17yrs): £15
Child (1-12yrs): £12
Babies (non-walkers): free
How to find Hove Park
Hove Park is easy to reach by car or train. It is just over half a mile walk North of Hove Station.
Sound good? Well, we will be there and can’t wait to see you too! So here’s your chance to win Funk the Family tickets for four of you! Entry is very simple, just log on with Facebook or your email and you will see different options that give you several entries to the competition to maximise your chances of winning, some of which you can do a few times: