Happy Shrove Tuesday everyone!
I thought I would share a simple pancake recipe with you to make with your kids tonight.
Little fact: did you know that the pancakes we make in the UK are actually Crepes? The American pancakes are much thicker and smaller in diameter, making ours much closer to being actually crepes.
This recipe makes 4 generous sized pancakes.
200g/8 oz flour
Pinch of salt
300ml /half pint of milk
2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- Put the flour and pinch of salt into a bowl and mix.
- Add the eggs to the flour, then gradually add the milk and mix it into a thickish batter. Beat well.
- Leave for a 1 hour in fridge. During this time the batter may well thicken so you may need to add a tiny bit more milk.
- Add a little oil to a shallow non-stick frying pan and heat gently.
- Pour in enough of the batter to cover the base of frying pan and cook each pancake for 2-3 minutes until slightly brown, then turn the pancake (or toss if you are feeling brave!) and repeat on the other side.
- Add toppings – lemon, sugar, honey, Nutella, sultanas, chopped fruit or whatever you wish.