School summer holidays are now upon us. Whether you’re a working parent looking for childcare, or your child just wants to try something different over the holidays, you might want to use a holiday club. Here is a roundup of holiday clubs to check out in the Worthing area. Whilst I can’t guarantee that there will be places available when you need them, they have all advertised for the current (2017) summer holiday period.
- South Downs Leisure’s Summer Fun Activity Programme: Offers sessions at Worthing’s Fit4 leisure centres from 26th July to 4th September. There are morning and afternoon sessions, with options at some centres for early drop-off, lunch, and late pick-up. There really is something for everyone, with sports, crafts and general fun and games. Activities are for age 4 to 12 (check individual sessions for age restrictions – a handful of courses are open to teenagers) and there are some sessions aimed at children with disabilities. I haven’t included prices because there are so many variations. Visit www.southdownsleisure.co.uk for more information.
- Sussex Forest Activities: Runs forest school activities in Angmering on 2nd, 3rd, 9th, 10th, 23rd and 24th August. My daughter has been to this before and loves it. Please note that it’s very popular and I’m not sure if places are still available. Activities are for age 5 to 12. Sessions run from 10am to 3pm and cost £28. Visit https://www.facebook.com/forestactivities/ for more information.
- Youth University: Offers sessions at Davison school in East Worthing. Classes run on 26th, 27th, 28th and 31st July and 1st August. They are aimed at 7 to 14 year olds and cover numerous disciplines including science, performing arts, sports and art. Sessions run from 9:30 to 3pm and cost £25. Visit http://www.davisonhigh.school/youth-university for more information.
- Activ8: Runs sports sessions at Worthing Rugby Club in Angmering from 31st July to 31st August. They are aimed at age 4 to 11. Sessions cost £54 for a full week, but can be booked by the day. There are early drop-off (8am) and late pick-up (4pm) options available. Visit https://activ8.class4kids.co.uk/camp/6 for more information.
- Whizz Kids: Run sessions at Goring by Sea Primary School from 31st July to 25th August. Activities include sports, arts and crafts, drama and many more fun activities for age 4 to 12. Sessions run from 9am to 4:45pm with early drop-off (8:15am) and late pick-up (5:45pm) options. Sessions cost £25 a day. This is one of the few holiday clubs I could find that accept childcare vouchers. Visit https://www.whizzkidsclub.co.uk for more information.
- Wickers Gymnastics Club: This purpose built gym club in Lancing is a firm favourite of my daughter’s. They are running gymnastics sessions on 8th and 9th August. Sessions are for age 4 and over and run from 9am to 1pm. Each session is £18.50 (plus £8 insurance for non-members). Visit http://www.wickersgymnastics.co.uk/activities/15-holiday-activities for more information.
- Worthing Netball Club: Run netball summer camps at Thomas A’Becket School for 4 to 7 year olds (10th and 22nd August), 8 to 10 year olds (8th and 9th, and 23rd and 24th August) and 11 to 13 year olds (3rd and 4th, and 15th and 16th August). Sessions are suitable for girls and boys and run from 9:30am to 3:30pm with early drop-off (9am) and late pick-up (4pm) options. Courses are £24 a day or £40 for two days. Visit https://www.facebook.com/worthingnetballclub/ for more information.
With thanks to Nancy, Rachel, Louise and Emily, who recommended clubs on this list. Can you recommend any other clubs? Please do let us know in the comments below!